Lemon juice is a tried and trusted product for weight loss.
How do lemons help to lose pounds?
- they’re rich in pectin tissues which reduce hunger, which helps to cut down on the amount of food you eat;
- lemon juice contains a lot of nutrients and minerals, including vitamins С, Е and А, calcium, magnesium, and Ferrum;
- alkalinizing properties of lemon juice help to sustain normal pH in the body, which prevents the collection of fat;
- lemons have so-called polyphenols which help to reduce weight;
- daily intake of 1 glass of water with lemon juice helps to remove toxins, improve the functioning of organs, particularly liver and kidneys, and boost the immune system.
How to use lemons to lose weight: recipes
Fresh lemon juice
Lemon juice with warm water is a tried and proved a remedy for weight loss. It helps to remove toxins from the body, burn fat and get rid of extra pounds.
Mix fresh juice of 1/2 of lemon in a glass of warm water. Besides, you can add 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink every morning on an empty stomach.
Alternatively, you can slice a lemon and put it in a jar of water. Leave it for 3 hours, or overnight. Then remove the slices and drink during the day.
Lemon juice with green tea
Green tea contains antioxidants that fight free radicals and reduce weight. Together with lemon juice, its effect is multiplied.
Put 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves in a cup of boiling water and leave it for 1 minute. Cover it and leave for 2 more minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Sweeten the tea with 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink daily.
Contraindications to lemon juice
- Allergic reactions to citrus.
- Disease of the gastrointestinal tract, hyperacidity of the stomach.
- Early stages of pregnancy.
- High arterial pressure.