Together, lemon juice and honey have the following properties:
- prevention of fatigue and anemia;
- treatment of cold, flu, Barlow disease, and rheumatism thanks to Vitamin C;
- improving body resistance against viruses, infections, and bacteria;
- cleaning of the upper respiratory system from expectoration during coughing;
- improvement of blood formula;
- stabilization of metabolism, which is conditioned by vitamins B and A contained in both products;
- cleansing of blood vessels from cholesterol and toxic components (that’s why the mixture is recommended to people with atherosclerosis and nephrolithiasis);
- strengthening of vessels and dilution of blood clots, which helps to prevent varicose veins and thrombophlebitis;
- disinfection of oral cavity;
- strengthening of the nervous system, help with irritability and insomnia;
- prevention of cancer cell development;
- maintenance of a slim body;
- reduction of hair fall and strengthening of nails;
- improvement of well-being and mood.
To prepare the mixture, you’ll need 1 kilogram of lemons and 0.5 kg of honey. It’s better to use the whole fruits, not only the juice – this way, you’ll get more vitamins.
Citrus fruit should be washed in tap water, and the skin should be poured with boiling water – it will also be used for the remedy.
Cut the fruit into pieces, or mince them. Remove the remains of pips from the mash, because they have a bitter taste.
After that, honey and lemon mass are mixed to a homogenous state and put in a glass jar. Close the cover and leave it in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Take 1 tablespoon a day drinking up with tea or warm water. To boost the effect of the mixture, doctors recommend adding a finely cut piece of ginger (about 2 cm). When you treat cold or flu, you can take up to 3 tablespoons of remedy a day. If you suffer from a cough, take it 4 times a day mixing with 1 teaspoon of the remedy with warm water.
Lemon juice and honey for weight loss
Honey and lemon can be used to get rid of extra pounds. Drink a glass of warm water on an empty stomach in the morning upon dissolving 1 teaspoon of honey and juice of 1/2 of lemon.
Allergy to lemon and honey, high stomach acidity, gastritis and ulcer in the stomach in the acute stage, heartburn, diseases of pancreatic gland and kidneys.