How to whiten teeth with soda and lemon? Baking soda is an abrasive substance, so it can remove soft tartar on teeth. Besides, soda is a mild anesthetic that kills harmful bacteria in the mouth cavity.
Teeth whitening with soda and lemon
To whiten teeth, apply dry soda on a wet toothbrush and clean your teeth properly. The procedure shouldn’t be repeated more often than once a week. If you don’t like the taste of soda, you can add any toothpaste without fluorine to it. A few drops of lemon juice will boost the effect and eliminate the aftertaste.
After such procedure, a person can have higher teeth sensitivity (hyperesthesia). In the first days after whitening, obtain from consuming hot, cold, sour and coloring products.
Teeth whitening with soda and lemon can help smokers to get rid of plaque, eliminate pigments from tea and coffee. If both enamel and soft tissues have darkened, such procedure won’t be of much help.
Dilute lemon juice in water and rinse the mouth cavity with it after washing teeth – it will whiten the enamel and refresh breathing.
Please, note that simultaneous use of soda and lemon together can affect the enamel seriously. Be careful!
- Hyperesthesia, thin enamel. Use of abrasive components and acids will cause unpleasant sensations and worsen the enamel.
- Parodontosis – poor blood supply and mineral exchange in gums.
- Stomatitis. This inflammatory disease manifests into ulcers, erosion on the mucous tissues of the mouth cavity. Use of lemon will cause pain and burning.
- Gingivitis. The lemon acid will irritate the inflamed gums.
- Carious damage of teeth. Dental crown decay can be accelerated.
- Presence of dental implants.